Paul is an experienced commercial lawyer.
Prior to joining Mylegal in 2016, he was previously a Partner in the Sunshine Coast’s largest law firm, in charge of their commercial department.
Since 1992 he has built up a varied property and commercial law practice acting for both commercial and private clients. He also provides advice on wills and estate planning and estate administration.
Paul takes pride in providing timely practical legal advice in plain English that adds value to his client’s commercial goals.
Areas of expertise
Commercial and Business Law
Paul’s commercial and business service offerings include acting on the sale and purchase of companies, shares and businesses, preparing and negotiating shareholder agreements, joint venture and franchises, advising on asset protection and related aspects of company and trust law.
Paul has also acted for registered clubs and other Not-For Profit entities assisting with their commercial contracts and constitutional matters.
Paul has developed expertise in all areas of property law including:
- property development
- strata title legislation
- leasing, for both landlords and tenants
- commercial property sales and purchases
- off the plan unit developments
- large-scale residential subdivisions, including advice on the associated joint venture and development management agreements.
Wills and Estates
In addition to commercial and property law, Paul assists clients with estate planning requirements including wills, enduring powers of attorney and advance health directives. He also has experience with administration of deceased Estates
Select examples of Paul’s commercial and property experience include:
- acting for major developers in relation to site acquisition and land and unit developments
- legal adviser for a golf club in relation to relocation agreements with a Local Government
- landlord leasing for major shopping centres and a CBD office tower
- acting for business owners in relation to muti million dollar share sale agreements with buyers that are listed corporations or private equity firms.
Recognition and Community
Paul was awarded a Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com) and Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from University of Queensland. He was admitted as a Solicitor in Queensland in 1992.
Volunteer work and contributions to the community have previously included:
- director of the Buderim Foundation Ltd for 3 years
- over 10 years as a director for the Queensland not for profit organisation, Community Solutions.
- committee member for RADF (Regional Arts Development Fund), for the Sunshine Coast Regional Council.